Thursday, October 8, 2009

Homecoming parade

I love that we live in a small town with some small town traditions. One of those is the Homecoming Parade. It is, to say the least, a BIG DEAL! The entire town shuts down, school is let out early, every boat, trailer, firetruck and tractor within a 5 mile radius is deployed to carry hyped up high schoolers around the streets of Smithville while throwing huge amounts of candy at screaming children along the way. The parade is of course the precurser to the football game which the ENTIRE, yes I said ENTIRE, town attends. This is the first year we went to the parade. In years past I have not wanted to venture out on my own with four children to supervise, but this year we decided to go for it!
Here we are loaded up in the wagon waiting for the parade to begin
Saige was way too cool to have her picture taken that day. :)
My pictures don't do it justice. I was trying to snap them while making sure Wyatt didn't get run over by a fire engine! But it was a lot of fun, and the kids got a lot of candy.

1 comment: