Thursday, September 17, 2009

" I love you!"

Refer to the previous post. This is a kid who one year ago made no eye contact, had no words, scored at a 9 month old level for communication (15 months behind his actual age at the time), scored at a 5 month old level in social-emotional skills (19 months behind his actual age at the time), and wasn't even aware of another person in the same room with him.

Listen closely and you can hear him say "I love you"! My heart still jumps every time I hear him say this! And yes, sometimes I cry too! :) Happy tears. We love our little boy!


6 comments:

Cynthia McDavitt said...

Very Sweet! He is making such great progress!

Ashley said...

I'm glad you got it on video. Now you can watch it all the time!

Anaise said...

What a fabulous thing to celebrate! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Catherine said...

awwww. LOVE it when they can say that. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

John & Abby,
That is wonderful. He is so excited when he says "I Love You". It takes a lot of love, patients and time on your part and I can see the reward.
Love,
Aunt Susan

katherine said...

Abby you have such a sweet family. All of your little videos (Dance Party was particularly awesome) are so cute! We might be out in Missouri this summer. I'll keep you updated, if so we MUST get together. Take care!