Thursday, September 17, 2009

Awesome progress!

Wyatt has had some fantastic progress lately! In June we started him on the Gluten Free Casein Free diet (yes the one Jenny McCarthy talks about, yes there are no completed medical studies "proving" it's effectiveness, yes it may have been a shot in the dark). His progress speaks for itself, or shall I say Wyatt now speaks for himself! :) The diet is no "magic cure", he also has received HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of hours of therapy as well. The diet seems to make him more available for learning, more attentive, it just seems his head is clearer therefore he is able to take information in better. Before starting the diet in June, Wyatt had maybe 5 words that he said only occasionally, now three months later I have a list of over 80 words that he uses regularly, he completes simple sentences, he imitates sounds, he can tell you a cow says moo, he can find his box of cookies...bring them to me...and say "I want a cookie". AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! This video shows just a small part of his progress. If you listen closely, you can here him say "I want a cookie".

6 comments:

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Good job little guy!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! I know that would be a hard diet to stick to but it looks like the effort is well worth it.

m and a said...

That is so exciting!

Ashley said...

Yeah for Wyatt!

Anaise said...

The Cantwells used the same diet for their boy, and they got the same wonderful results--that's proof to me, regardless of official recognition by the medical community!

I'm glad for you all!

Catherine said...

I just got her book, Mother Warriors, from a friend. I am interested in.

So happy to hear about his/your successes! Yea Wyatt and Mommy!