Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Did I just say that??

As a mom, there are certain things that come out of your mouth when you are speaking to or disciplining your children that you never thought you would say. I'm not even talking about explatives &*#@, and I"m not even talking about yelling. They fall right out of your mouth, and then you ask yourself, "Did I really just say that?"

So today, I hear some screaming coming from the basement and I make the trek downstairs to figure out who the offender is. Two kids are crying, so I ask what happened. After a tearful explanation from both sides I give my words of wisdom to the girls, "It is NOT okay to bite your sister's bum. How would you feel if someone bit your bum?" What??

The other day I say to Saige, "Go smell Wyatt's bum for me and tell me if he needs a new diaper." What??? I wonder how many times a day we say "bum" in our house. Probably don't really want to know. Enough random thoughts for today....

4 comments:

Anaise said...

That's funny--my favorite "did I just say that?" moment came when I had four little girls 4 and under and I actually said, "Who moved the couch? Put the furniture back where you found it when you're through!"

Unknown said...

With little kids it's all about the bums!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Hehe! If I were going to bite my sister, I definitely wouldn't bit the bum. Kids are so funny!

Shauna said...

Hey girl...its so fun to see your family. We miss seeing you in church. Your kids are so adorable and grown up! Its all about the bums with small kids!! Love the dance video...what a crack up!!