Friday, June 5, 2009

Progress!!!!


When our family entered this world of Autism 6 months ago we hoped for, prayed for, and anticipated moments like this. To those of you who have a child with Autism, and those of you who love a child with Autism, you know what a great moment this is. No, he's not speaking in complete sentences, no he doesn't even say a word in this clip. But....HE TURNS HIS HEAD WHEN I CALL HIS NAME!! Woo Hoo!!! It truly is a big step, he's responding to his own name nearly 100% of the time. Not only did he turn his head, but he came running towards me for some big hugs!



Not only that, but this picture captures another new milestone, he is LOVING to play with his siblings. They wrestle him, play house with him (guess who get's to be the baby every time), and give him tickles and kisses all over! I love the look on his face in this picture. He's having so much fun, and so was I :)

The cloud is lifting....

6 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

what a cute family you have! you're little boy is adorable and your picture header is super cute. it is so hard to get kids to smile at the camera. devry

Laura said...

I have a big smile on my face! That is awesome! We've all been praying for these small moments that are actually so huge. I love that little guy--way to go Wyatt!

Cynthia McDavitt said...

I am so happy to hear that! It is exciting to see him come out of his world and into ours! Our prayers are being answered!

Sarah Beers said...

Abby...this is awesome. I'm so, so happy for him and for you too!!

Sarah

Catherine said...

That's so exciting! I bet that feels great to see some progress and feel things "lifting," like you said. Congratulations!

m and a said...

Way to go! I'm sure you live for all those little moments.