Monday, November 17, 2008

Ode to the red car...




It was the end of an era this past week, we donated our trusty red Sentra to the Autism Society. Although some may have thought it was an eyesore (myself included), it did have a lot of memories. We bought that car almost ten years ago, a few months after we got married. It was the first car I ever owned. It took us on several trips to Utah and two trips to Florida. Even though it had 200,000 miles on it, it NEVER once broke down! John and I shared this car for several years including during the time we were students in Warrensburg. It has moved with us everywhere we've lived. Our first apartment by UMKC, our townhouse in Warrensburg, our lovely trailer in Warrensburg (yes I said trailer), a short stay at my parents home, our first home in NKC, and finally our current home here in Smithville. The paint may have been peeling off, the air conditioning no longer worked, there was some pretty significant rust developing, and it definitely had a "used car smell", but it still held a lot of memories for us. So many memories that I thought it deserved a post on our blog! Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Farewell Sentra! I'm sad to see it go!

Laura said...

You know me, I'm way sentimental...so I too think the Sentra deserved a post. It was a sad day for me when I traded in my Geo Metro. Ah, those trusty cars...they will be missed.