Thursday, July 10, 2008

Christmas in July??



Last night Saige and I made the trek to Nebraska Furniture Mart waaaaaayyy out in Kansas. Saige was so excited because she got to ride in the front seat of our minivan for the first time. (We had to take all of the seats out of the van to pick up our new bunk bed) She talked, and talked, and talked the whole way out....the whole time we were there.....and the whole ride home. Is this normal for a 6 year old girls??? How does she talk so much for sooo long??! Even though my ears were numb by the time we got home, we had a great time...just the girls.


We had all three girls sleep in Saige's room, then John and I stayed up way too late to put it all together. This morning it was like Christmas in July! They were so excited! Of course the ladder and the top bunk were the main attraction. Wyatt quickly figured out how to climb up the ladder, but has trouble coming down.


So, I thought I would take a poll. How long do you think it will be before Wyatt either falls, jumps, or otherwise descends from the top bunk to the floor? Not that I would make light of it, but I've learned to just anticipate it... my vote is 5 days.

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

My vote is Wyatt 2 days....and John 3 days.

katherine said...

Hey Abby, it's Bucky. I've finally read my blog after not doing so for 5 months. What a treat to see your comment. Oh yeah about the bunk my second daughter fell off the top at least 3 times--and yet no broken bones--just tears. Such is life eh?

Amber said...

My vote is within 10 days...

Laura said...

Awesome bunk bed! I love your quote on your Blog Title! So true and very funny!

Kiera said...

I think I am already too late! Wyatt is one of my favorite babies to watch.. He is a RockStar. I have see this boy in action and know that he has NO fear!I would have guessed it happened last night... or maybe tonight? Guess we will see at church tomorrow!

Jeremiah and Rebecca Morgan said...

We had to take the ladder away for a bit while our boys were in their most maniac phases. Our girls just had to learn to hoist themselves up. Wyatt had so much ingenuity I imagine he'll find a way to scale the side of the bunk anyway.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

I'm a little late chiming in, I was out of town. But my guess is that it will happen today.