Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank goodness for snowdays!

Upon hearing that school was getting let out a few hours early yesterday I drove through the slick snow to Target to get boots and snow pants galore! It's not often that we have enough snow to actually have some good old-fashioned "sledding/snowball fighting/snowman building/freeze your tail off in" .....fun! $150 later, we had an incredible afternoon filled with tears (Wyatt and Mariah wouldn't keep their gloves on, and didn't really like having their fingers frozen into popsicles), and cheers!



This is how Wyatt spent most of the time. He's not diggin' the snow yet!






My Angel! (The tears started shortly after this picture was taken).


Quick survey, how many times this month have you used the threat, "If you don't stop (fill in the blank), then I'm calling Santa. Am I the only one?

6 comments:

Catherine said...

ohhh, how fun!! I miss the snow. Yes, I really do. For one fun afternoon like this, at least!

And yes, I"ve been using the same threat. Too bad when that won't work anymore

Unknown said...

You gotta keep using that threat...cause when they get my kids' age...they just laugh when you say that!

m and a said...

Looks like fun! I've used that threat too.

Sam Ransom said...

I can't wait to use that threat!! You go!!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

We've been threatening to take the presents back, he still doesn't understand Santa but he understands presents. Looks like fun in the snow. We are still trying to decide if we're brave enough to venture out into the 2 feet of snow.

Laura said...

I can't wait until I have an excuse to play in the snow again. Today my fun consisted of shoveling the driveway... whoohoo. And I just want to add... you are such a fun mom Abby! Seriously...braving the slick roads to make sure your kids get to play outside in the snow...Awesome!