Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Lineup




Last Friday night, I was at work and John had put the kids to bed. He went back up about an hour later just to check on them....and this is what he found. The girls initially decided they wanted to look like warriors, so they took markers (washable ones fortunately) and colored on every bit of exposed skin-this part was Saige's idea. Then Micheala had the fun idea to play beauty shop! I wish i could have been a fly on the wall of their room, I bet they had a great time! i can just picture them trimming, giggling, looking in the mirror, trimming and giggling some more. They had a ball until Daddy entered the room....There are moments as a parent that you yell, you cry, then you laugh. This is definitely one of those moments. After an extended stay in time out, a bath, and a good nights rest, we got to the laughing part of it all. Now that I've told the story about 100 times, all I can do is laugh every time I tell it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who received the best haircut? Maybe there is a future in this for them.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

I am still totally shocked! WOW! I can't believe it. Let's hope they all learned a little lesson.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

It looks like you have CHEMO kids!

Catherine said...

OHMIGOSH!!!!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! It's good that you can laugh now. Actually, I can't STOP laughing at the pictures. I'm so glad you took photos. I can imagine the SHOCK on John's face when he entered their room!!! Their faces are definitely the best part . . colored, and then washed. And poor Saige!!!! She definitely got the, eh-hem, "best" haircut . . . meaning, whoever went after her (and maybe she did it herself!!) was pretty aggressive. My brother did this to me, (cut my hair like that) when I was about this age too. I think it's a rite of passage. Allison cut her own hair after watching "Mulan" butcher her hair to look like a man to enter the Japanese army. Remember that part in the movie?? Yeah, she copied it exactly. Nice.

Loving your blog by the way!!! I need to update mine. But check it out: www.midwestcraners.blogspot.com

Sam Ransom said...

Oh that is too much!! At least the face painting wasn't permanent. Very cute!!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! I too can't stop laughing but at the same time I would have been in shock had I walked in on that!

Heather said...

This is one of my worst nightmares for Isabella. My twin and I cut each other's hair when we were 4. We had waist-length hair, and by the time my sister was done w/ me, I had side rattails! It was awful. I'm so glad you took pictures; I'm cracking up.